Karnataka on Friday issued new guidelines for controlling the spread of coronavirus in the state. Besides revising the night curfew to 9 pm to 5 am, the state authorities introduced curbs on districts bordering Kerala and Maharashtra, in light of a surge in the neighbouring two states.
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The night curfew across the state is now enforced from 9 pm to 5 am. Earlier , the restrictions on movement in the night began at 10 pm.
- In addition to a night curfew , a weekend curfew will be introduced in districts bordering Maharastra and kerala . The districts includes Belagavi , Bidar ,Vijayapura and Kalaburagi in the north and Dakshina kannada, kodagu , Mysuru and Chamarajanagara in the south . Restrictions will be in place from Friday 9 pm Monday 5 am.
- All gatherings including social and cultural continue to be prohibited .
- Marriage function will not have more than 100 people and 20 people are allowed to congregate for funeral , with strict adherence to Covid -19 protocols.
- Religions places like temples , mosques and churches are allowed to open and activities realated to them can go on but no festivals , processions are permitted .
- During weekend curfew , essential services continue to function . people can step out for vaccinations.
- Groceries , fruits and vegetable shops , liquor stores can remain open from 5 am to 2 pm during weekend curfew hours in the districts mentioned above .
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE DURING COVID :
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.